GitLab basics guides
This section provides resources to help you start with GitLab by focusing on basic functionality.
This documentation is split into the following groups:
- GitLab-specific functionality, for basic GitLab features.
- General Git functionality, for working with Git in conjunction with GitLab.
The following are guides to basic GitLab functionality:
- Create and add your SSH Keys, for enabling Git over SSH.
- Create a project, to start using GitLab.
- Create a group, to combine and administer projects together.
- Create a branch, to make changes to files stored in a project's repository.
- Fork a project, to duplicate projects so they can be worked on in parallel.
- Add a file, to add new files to a project's repository.
- Add an image, to add new images to a project's repository.
- Create an issue, to start collaborating within a project.
- Create a merge request, to request changes made in a branch be merged into a project's repository.
If you're unfamiliar with the command line, these resources will help:
- Command line basics, for those unfamiliar with the command line interface.
- Start using Git on the command line, for some simple Git commands.
More Git resources are available at GitLab's Git documentation.